Monday, April 6, 2015

Reunions and Musicals and Books. Oh My.

Bad idea. Bad, bad idea.

     You know how 80s parties are the shit right now? You know who hates 80s parties? People who lived through the 80s. 

     This is on my mind because I just today remembered that I was invited to attend my thirty-year (holy shit, did I just write that out?) high school reunion. And I said yes. So now I have three months to dwell on that.

     Oh, and I was asked to be in a full-on staged production of this musical:

Not as one of the girls, though. I play a guy. With a penis.

     I get to play the love interest, which is kind of cool, and ironic, since my character is coming back to his hometown thirty years after he left his true love. I don't think there's any actual kissing in the show, but I do get to sing and play my guitar. And be funny. And hopefully sexy. A little.

     And I submitted another query to yet another literary agent, in the hopes that I can find some representation for the book I wrote. So, in your face, Monday. Today was a day to get shit done.

     By the way, if you're coming to the reunion, and you regularly read the blog, I'm probably going to hug you. Don't fight it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment