Friday, December 11, 2015

Seriously. Who Would Pay For This Sh*t?

     Well, I'm actually hoping you will.

     Do you remember when Radiohead decided to stick it to the record companies, and they published their album In Rainbows online, and told fans to pay-what-you-like? Seriously, it wasn't that long ago. Some of you have to remember that, right?

     Now, granted, I'm not Radiohead. Or a recording artist with millions of fans. I maybe have, like, three fans. My daughter is one of them, and she's not even allowed to read this shit yet. My point here is that, since I've been publishing my memoir, Making Sh*t Up: An Improvised Life here in this space, more people have actually been coming to this space. Which means more people have been reading the book, and sharing it with people they know. Which is awesome. And then, last week, a kind of weird thing happened. I got a private message from somebody asking if they could make a financial contribution to the book - just like they would if they'd downloaded it online, or bought it in a store. And that sounded like a fucking great idea to me, because I love to write, and my bills love to get paid.

     So I finally got a GoFundMe account set up RIGHT HERE. If you click on the link, you can actually pay what you want for the memoir: of which, by the way, there is still a shit-ton to read (it's been a long life). If you've gotten anything out of this space in the last two years and change - humor, insight, wisdom, and what kinds of shit you should really avoid doing in your life to end up like me - I really hope you'll consider going to the site, and making a contribution. Especially since the person who gave me this idea in the first place - you know who you are - has yet to actually follow through on that. I know where you live. Just saying.

     Seriously, though. Thanks you guys. Thanks for reading this shit. Love you, mean it.

Seriously, Radiohead? What the fuck is that? Is that an ice cube being held at gunpoint? How is that possibly cool? And why can't I stop STARING at it? 


Support "Making Sh*t Up: An Improvised Life" by clicking

No comments:

Post a Comment