Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Music and Sh*t!

This is so happening tonight.

     First of all, thank you to everyone who has donated to the book in the last week. (You know who you are, because I thanked each one of you personally. And it took less than five minutes. You guys are awesomeness on steroids.) 

     Second: I know - FOR A FACT - that I have some readers of the blog who are not a part of my social networks. (Hello, Russia!) But tonight, I thought I'd do something really cool, and bring all of my fans (I use that term in the broadest possible sense. Mostly, you're a fan of mine if you do not actively wish me dead) together in one place, for something that, in theory, should be a lot of fun. I'm in a band. That sounds as cool as you think it does. My band is called McKinney Root. I love my band. When people ask me what kind of music our band plays, I tell them "back porch" music. But for my non- U.S. readers (Russia, Australia, France, UK, Indonesia and - swear to God - Mongolia), the term "back porch" may be a bit confusing. Especially if you live in a part of the world where porches are considered a luxury exclusive to the hyper-rich. Or evil despots. 

     So tonight (1/26/2016) at around 7:30PM U.S. CST, we're going to do a live broadcast of our weekly band rehearsal, via Facebook. If your sphincter is already tightening with excitement, it should be. Here's all you need to do to log on and join in:

     Go find me (Larry Brantley) on Facebook, and follow me by clicking HERE. (Note: I don't "friend" everybody who asks, but you can always follow me; I am equal-opportunity stalk-bait.) Once you're following me, you'll get a notification when we go live with the band rehearsal. Or just make sure you're sitting on my page at 7:30PM U.S. CST. You can hang out with us while we rehearse for our next gig, and even leave comments in real-time. You guys would make me look so cool to my bandmates if you would show up tonight. Seriously. They basically think my readership consists of my sister, and a couple of crazy old cat-ladies in Burbank. Please help me look cool in front of my band.

     One more time: follow me on Facebook by clicking RIGHT HERE. Tune into Facebook at 7:30PM U.S. CST TONIGHT, and you can, in all honesty, utter the words that every human being on the planet longs to speak:

     I'm with the band.

     UPDATE: the hyperlinks above are being total punks and not working properly. To follow me on Facebook, simply search for Larry Brantley, and follow me. My profile pic is a guy in armor, wielding a sword on horseback. And yes. It's actually me. Because I'm badass like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment